Clark County, Wisconsin parks and campgrounds
This list is broken down into two parts, that is, the first section shows the county
owned campgrounds or parks. The second list shows the parks within a specific community
that are not county run. All of the county parks and campgrounds have picnic tables and
grills, drinking water and toilets.
It is recommended that you reserve your campsite in advance. If you plan on using a
shelter (whether its a county shelter or a community shelter) for an event, such as a
family reunion, please reserve the shelter in advance. I believe most, or perhaps all, of
the shelters have electrical outlets for plugging in coffee pots, etc., but it is wise to
check on the number of outlets available.
My personal comments are in italics following a brief desciption of the campground or
County Parks and Campgrounds
- Russell County Park
- 230 capsites. picnic tables and grill, electric, firewood, drinking water, showers,
toilers, concessions, laundromat, RV dumpstation, shelters, play area, boating, fishing,
swimming, ball fields or courts, trail access. Fee.
- Sherwood County Park.
- 31 campsites, picnic tables and grill, electric, firewood, drinking water, toilets, RV
dump station, showers, play area, boating, fishing, swimming. Fee.
- Snyder Co. Park
- 35 camp sites, picnic tables and grill, electric, firewood, drinking water, toilets, RV
dump station, shelters, play area, boating, fishing, swimming, trail access. Fee.
- Rock Dam Co. Park
- 134 campsites, picnic tables and grill, electric, firewood, drinking water, showers,
toilets, concessions, laundromat, RV dumpstation, shelters, play area, boating, fishing,
swiming, trail access, fee. Rock Dam, as we locals call it, can be extremely busy. You
will have to cross a nearby road to access the beach and it is recommended that children
be accompanied by someone older to get across the road. The beach is sand, which is not
the case in all the county run parks. The beach is against a lake which has a lot of
boaters. Rock Dam is an exciting place, with lots to do and the kids love it!
- North Mead Lake County Park
- 71 campsites, picnic tables and grill, electric, firewood, RV dumpstation, drinking
water, toilets, shelters, play area, boating, fishing, swimming, fee. Located northwest
of Greenwood. This site is located at the same lake as the South Mead Lake County Park.
The lakeside is populated with family cottages. The lake is well known for it's excellent
fishing. It's a nice place.
- South Mead Lake County Park
- No campsites, picnic tables and grill, electrical, drinking water, toilets, shelters,
play area, boating and fishing. Located northwest of Greenwood at the same lake as the
North Mead Lake County Park.
- Greenwood County Park
- 14 campsites. Picnic tables and grill, electric, firewood, drinking water, toilets,
shelters, play area, fishing, fee for camping. A beautiful, quiet little park located
off of highway 73 north of Greenwood. The park is located along the Black River and
fishing is from its stoney banks. Tall trees provide shade on hot summer days.
- Humbird County Park
- Wildcat Mound County Park
- Wild Rock County Park
- Moraine County Park
- Loyal County Park
- A relatively new county park located on the southwest side of Loyal off of highway
98. There are no mature trees to provide summer time shade. There is a ball field located
- Black River County Park
City and township parks and campgrounds
- Dorchester Rec Park
- 30 campsites, picnic tables and grill, electric, firewood, drinking water, showers,
toilets, conecssions, RV dump station, shelters, play area, fishing, ball field or court,
trail access, fee.
- Abbotsford Parks
- Two parks with a total of 6 campsites
- Colby Parks
- Four parks
- Curtiss Park
- Town of Fremont Park
- Granton Park
- Greenwood Parks
- Two parks. One park is next to the city library on the main street in Greenwood. This
is a nice little park for the kids to play. In the winter an ice skating rink is
available. There is no toilet unless you use the library's when they are open. If you are
at the park on Friday, the library will host a story hour for the kids. There is drinking
water from a large lion head (not during winter). The second park is actually a ball park
and its facilities are only available during ball games, tournaments and Greenwood Dairy
- Neillsville Parks
- Seven parks. A particularly beautiful park is located adjacent to the golf course.
Nice mature trees, shady, serene -- real nice. Excellent place to hold a reunion or event.
- Owen Parks
- Three Parks
- Thorp Parks
- Six parks.
- Unity Park
- Town of Unity Park
- Withee Park
http://www.mid-wi.com home page
|| genealogy home page
Business: || office
services || transcription services || word processing services ||
internet research services ||
tree planting || corn and soybean
combining || custom corn and soybean
Data compiled by Barb Krultz, Greenwood, Wisconsin